Focus and Features:
In risk management, a risk is defined as a possible event or circumstance that can have negative influences on the enterprise in question. Its impact can be on the very existence, the resources (human and capital), the products and services, or the customers of the enterprise, as well as external impacts on society, markets, or the environment. Knowing the elements of Risk Management may greatly influence the company and may set the attitude of the employees how to deal strategic risks. Developing risk management significantly influence the organizational objectives that align to the organization’s mission. Risk management processes plays a vital role in the identification of risks, application of appropriate strategy and controls. It may possibly eliminate surprises and significant risk. It enhances the organization’s public image and reputation.
- In addition to the knowledge elements of risk management process, internal auditors may develop the appropriate planning strategy in terms of audit universe and audit engagements. Auditors can evaluate the alignment of risk management to the strategic objectives of the company. In this seminar, we will be able to determine the Internal auditing’s role in identifying and assessing the organization’s strategic risks. The skills internal auditors need to keep pace with evolving roles in risk management.
What Will You Learn
Assess Risk Management Processes in the Context of Strategic Imperatives
- Objectives of Risk Management Processes;
- Organization’s Risk Culture;
- Risk Capacity, Appetite, and Tolerance of Organization.
Assess the Processes Related to Internal Environment
- Integrity, Ethical Values, and other Soft Controls;
- Role, Authority, Responsibility, etc.;
- Organizational Structure;
- Documentation of Governance;
- Capabilities in terms of People and other resources;
- Management of Third – party business relationships;
- Needs and Expectation of Key Internal Stakeholders;
- Internal Policies.
Assess the Processes Related to External Environment
- Key External Factors;
- Needs and Expectation of Key External Stakeholders
Benchmark of Risk Management Processes
Evaluation of Risk Management Processes
- Setting objectives;
- Identifying Risks;
- Risk Analysis and Evaluation;
- Risk Response;
- Developing and Implementing Risk Mitigation Plans;
- Reporting Risk Management Processes and Risks;
- Periodic Review.
Assurance Role of the Internal Auditor
Consulting Role of the Internal Auditor
Who Should Attend
The seminar is ideal for all auditors.
Mr. James A. Cafirma, CPA, CIA, CFE, CICA, CrFA, CAT, CB, MICB, CCFA, RCA, MAAT, CCSA, CFIP
Cafirma, Ong & Co., CPAs
Schedule: 6 – 7 October 2017
Time: 8:30am – 5: 00 pm
Venue: St. Giles Hotel, Makati Ave., Makati City
Member’s Rate: Php9,000
Non-Member’s Rate: Php12,000
No. of CPE Credits : 18*
* IIA Certifications
*BOA Accredited CPD Provider
- Seminar Kit
- Certificate of Participation
- AM & PM Snack, Buffet Lunch
How to Enroll: