Focus and Features
Transitioning from staff auditor to manager of an auditing team means learning and mastering an entirely new skill set. Audit managers must not only be efficient auditors but also effective communicators, teachers, and active listeners. This enlightening seminar focuses on providing new managers with the tools they need to lead effectively in an internal auditing environment.
What You Will Learn
The Internal Audit Department’s Structure
- Identify the structure of the internal audit department and the positions that make up a typical audit staff.
- Identify the Professional Standards that address staffing and managing the internal audit function.
- Identify the key information that should be included in an organization’s mission statement and audit charter.
- Identify factors that impact how internal audit resources are implemented.
- Identify the elements of a typical audit cycle
Setting the Tone
- Identify the roles and responsibilities; knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA); and other factors that guide the vision and expectations of the CAE.
- Recognize the role of internal auditing within an organization.
- Recognize career options for internal auditors.
- Identify ways to establish clear and effective communication and practice building rapport.
- Identify tools and techniques to motivate people; learn the difference between manipulation and motivation; learn how to motivate people using incentives and by understanding the hierarchy of needs.
- Recognize two types of personality profiling tools, the Myers-Briggs Indicator and Neurolinguistic Communication Programming (NCP) and how they are applied.
- Identify characteristics of good and bad managers
Managing the Audit
- Identify key elements of audit workpapers and ways in updating and reviewing them.
- Identify and practice methods for managing time, organizing, and prioritizing during an audit.
The Reporting Process
- Identify ways internal auditors can provide value-added results to their organization.
- Identify audit report considerations and methodologies that add value for audit clients.
- Recognize details that the audit committee should be cognizant of.
- Identify legislation surrounding internal control.
Innovative Problem Solving
- Define innovation, innovation process, and innovative thinking.
- Identify the steps in the innovative problem solving process.
Marketing the Audit Function
- Identify ways to market the audit function by promoting the profession and communicating with the audit committee.
Who Should Attend
The seminar is ideal for Audit Leaders, Supervisors, and Managers.
Mr. Michael O. Cabatuando, CPA, CIA, MBA, CCSA, CRMA
Senior Manager, Global Privacy Compliance
Johnson & Johnson
Schedule: 11 – 14 October 2017
Time: 8:30am – 5: 00 pm
Venue: St. Giles Hotel, Makati Ave., Makati City
Member’s Rate: Php18,000
Non-Member’s Rate: Php24,000
No. of CPE Credits : 36*
* IIA Certifications
*BOA Accredited CPD Provider
- Seminar Kit
- Certificate of Participation
- AM & PM Snack, Buffet Lunch
How to Enroll: